Choose Bay County!
Bay County is a place where businesses believe in the strength of family, knowing your neighbors, and giving an honest days work. You can find quality medical and educational facilities, recreation resources, and cultural attractions within Bay County. Easy accessibility to a number of major cities makes travel and commerce convenient as well.
Bay Future, Inc. brings you all the information you need to know to say yes to our wonderful region located at the south end of the Saginaw Bay on Lake Huron… at the mouth of the Saginaw River, one of the largest watersheds of the state!
Cost of Living Index Calculator
- Cost structure – Consistently one of the most affordable communities in the U.S.
- Skilled labor – Generations of manufacturing expertise, 12 educational institutions in the region with training closely aligned with labor demand
- State and local incentives – Business friendly communities offering local abatements and infrastructure grants, with the foundational and fiscal support of state incentives providing grants and loans for business development
- Available land and buildings – Online property database, shovel ready property, large sites identified
- Energy availability – Robust infrastructure in place
- Multi-Modal Ports – Including rail, shipping, and highway
- Proximity to major markets – Grand Rapids, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto, Cleveland, the Midwest, and beyond
- World leader in silicone solutions, products, and R&D
- Health Care – Home to five major hospital networks that provide a wide array of advanced medical services and procedures
- Quality of Life – more than 3,200 acres of natural terrain, over 100 parks, 20+ miles of trails, 7 public & private golf courses, and recreational opportunities on the Saginaw River, Kawkawlin River, and Saginaw Bay
Not to mention, Bay County, and the State of MI is geographically located outside of frequently occurring natural disaster areas. Linked here is a compilation of US maps indicating Natural Disaster Risks like Earthquakes, Floods, Tornadoes and Hurricanes (individual and as overlays), along with US Population Density breakdowns by counties (from 2010 Census) and an up to date map of currently operating Nuclear Plants. We hope this information will help you be more informed about high risk areas as they relate to your particular location and future plans.